- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 loaf of french bread (sliced)
- 1 bag of frozen chopped onions and peppers
- 1.5 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine your meat in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Form into balls and over medium high heat brown your meatballs.
- Once your meatballs are done cooking add your onion and pepper mixture to the same pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Once tender add your sauce and meatballs and mix till everything is covered with sauce. (If you need more sauce add some so the mixture does not get dry)
- Cut your french bread in slices and brush your bread slices with olive oil
- Layer your bread in a casserole dish overlapping pieces where necessary
- Add your meat mixture covering as much of the bread as possible
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown
- Remove from oven, add your mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until your cheese is melted.
- Enjoy =)
I would love some comments!