Thursday, July 18, 2013

Creamy Fajita Pasta

If you love fajitas and pasta... this recipe is definitely for you.  I love fajitas but I don't always want to spend the money on getting everything for fajitas, especially the chicken.  The other night I was really craving a creamy pasta and I remembered seeing a recipe online for fajita pasta.  I thought I would give it a try... and I am sure glad I did.  This is so much cheaper then making fajitas but you still get the delicious taste.

Serving size- 4-6 people
Recipe Adapted from: Picky Palate
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
Total time: 40-55 minutes


Ingredients

  • 1 box of  pasta ( I used spiral noodles  but you can use your favorite pasta, I probably would not use spaghetti )
  • 2 cups non-fat milk
  • 1 packet of fajita seasoning
  • 6 ounces of cream cheese (soft enough to mix)
  • 2 tablespoons of oil
  • 2 garlic gloves minced
  • 1 16 oz bag of frozen peppers and onions
  • 1 pound of chicken ( cut into bite size pieces)
  • 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
  • 1 14.5 oz can of black beans (drained)
Directions

  1. In a large pan add your oil, garlic, vegetables and chicken and cook till chicken is heated through.
  2. While chicken is cooking, cook your pasta according to directions.
  3. Once pasta is cooked drain and add to a large bowl. 
  4. Add your chicken mixture to the pasta.
  5. Add black beans to your pasta and mix.
  6. In the same pan you cooked your chicken add your cream cheese and milk.  Whisk until smooth.
  7. Add your Mexican cheese and stir till cheese is melted and your mixture has thickened.
  8. Add to your pasta and mix well.
  9. Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!