Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
Things I would do differently: I would use less lemon juice
Serving Size- 3-4 cups (I doubled the recipe so my mom and I had enough to take to work for lunch)
- 1 cup of fresh basil (I really would not use dried basil it would really take away the taste)
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese (or Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (I would use 1 tablespoon to start and if you need more add more)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts for topping
- In a small pot cook quinoa (2/3 cup of dried quinoa and 1 1/3 cups of water) add your quinoa and water, and once boiling reduce heat and let sit for 15 minutes
- In another small pot add 2 cups of water and bring to boil. While water is boiling add ice to cold water and sit aside. Once boiling add your basil stir once, remove right away and place in a bowl filled with ice.
- Drain your basil and add to food processor. Add your cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl add your cooked quinoa, chopped red peppers, green onions and basil mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve with pine nuts on top.