Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serve: 4-5 people
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast- pounded thin
- Oil for deep frying- I uses about a cup
- FOR THE BREADING
- 1 package of panko crumbs
- 1/4 teaspooon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Hawaiian salt- regular will do
- FOR THE BATTER
- 2 eggs- beaten
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tbsp.Worcestershire suace
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of hot sauce
FOR THE CHICKEN
- Heat your oil in a large dutch oven, to 350 degrees.
- In a medium dish, place panko crumbs, pepper and salt. Mix together.
- In another medium dish add water, eggs and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Dip your chicken into the egg batter, make sure it is well coated. Remove any excess drips, and dip in the panko crumbs.
- Place your chicken into heated oil for 4-6 minutes. Check occasionally to make sure they are no over browning.
- Remove and place on paper towel, to remove excess oil.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, in a small bowl. Whisk together till combined.