Friday, January 9, 2015

Skinny Bang Bang Chicken

When I was in my first job I loved going to happy hours.  One of my favorite happy hours was at Bonefish Bar and Grill.  I would never get dinner, only appetizers and drinks.  They have this appetizer called Bang Bang Shrimp, and it was seriously one of my favorite appetizers EVER.  I was on the search for the recipe, but everyone I at   was pretty unhealthy.  I found a skinny version, and was so excited to try it.  It did taste different than the sauce at Bonefish, but it was equally as delicious, and a lot better for you.  I decided also to do it over chicken, and not shrimp.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 4 people
Recipe adapted from:  The Cookie Rookie

Ingredients

  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used the thin sliced ones)
  • Adoba seasoning 
  • 1 5.3 oz container of plain Greek yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
  • 1.5 tablespoons of Siracha sauce
  • .5 teaspoons of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • Green onions for topping.
Directions

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. While oven is pre-heating sprinkle your chicken breasts with Adoba
  3. Bake chicken for 10-15 minutes (until cooked through)
  4. While chicken is baking, place you Greek yogurt, sweet chili sauce, Siracha, sugar and garlic in a small bowl and mix well.
  5. Once your chicken is cooked, place your sauce on top of chicken and place back in the oven for 3 minutes to warm sauce.
  6. Serve over your choice of rice or pasta, and sprinkle with green onions
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!