Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Blackened Cajun Chicken

Now that the holiday's are over, and I have ate all my leftover I get to cook again.  I received a lot of  fun cooking things for Christmas, that I am very excited to use!  I went out to dinner with my mom and had a blackened chicken, and it was really good.  I wanted to figure out how to make it and finally tried last night.  This was so easy to make, and it was really good.  It had a different taste then the restaurant (I believe they blacken theirs on a grill) but I liked it just as much!

Prep time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 4 people
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Flavor Mosaic

Ingredients

I did not use measurements on the seasonings, because you only need to sprinkle the seasonings on each piece of chicken.
  • Paprika
  • Salt
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Italian seasoning
  • Black pepper
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil'
Directions

  1. Place your chicken on a large plate, and sprinkle both sides with each of the seasonings.
  2. While seasoning your chicken, place oil in a large pan with a lid, and let heat.
  3. Once oil is heated place your chicken in pan, and cover.
  4. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side (until blackened!)
  5. Enjoy,
I served my chicken with yellow rice and corn, and it was a great combination.

Final Product




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!