Serving Size- 4-6 People
Prep Time- 10 Minutes
Cook Time- 45 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 onion- finely chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper- finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans- drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes- DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup quinoa- dried
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 cup of corn
- In a large skillet, add your olive oil ad heat over medium high.
- Add ground turkey, onion and pepper. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add garlic, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomoatos, corn (if using) and water. Bring mixture to a boil
- Add quinoa and seasonings, stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes until liquid is absorbed