Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Stir Fry

I was really excited about starting a cooking blog and then the semester got crazy and I am really going to try and have a post every day. I am going to be posting a couple entries today and try and post a couple during the week.  I am looking forward to this and hope to give some people awesome recipes.  Here is one to start off.

Chicken Stir Fry.
I am always craving some good Chinese food but a lot of  the time I don’t want to eat out so I found a recipe for chicken stir fry and thought that I would give it a try.  There are so many recipes out there for stir fry, all with different amounts of chicken and different vegetables.  I decided that I would try and make it on my own and it turned out awesome.

Ingredients
  • A pack of chicken tenderloins (you be the judge I used .75 pounds but if you want more or less chicken that is up to you)
  • 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (you may need more after everything cooks depending on if you like soy sauce I added a little more to make the chicken have a brownish color)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (this is also something more or less you can add depending on how garlicy you like things)
  • 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
  • A pack of frozen stir fry vegetables. ( This step is completely up to the chef I used a frozen bag that contained snap peas, carrots, water chestnuts, broccoli, onions and carrots. You can choose to do fresh vegetables but it tastes best with around 4-5 cups of vegetable
Directions
1.  The first thing to do is cut your chicken into either strips or bite size pieces, whatever one you prefer for your stir-fry I used bite size pieces.  In a Ziploc bag add your chicken and cornstarch and shake bag until the chicken is well coated.
2.  After the chicken is well coated add your soy sauce, garlic powder and ground ginger to the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3.  While waiting for the chicken you can start to make the rice for the stirfry I prefer to use brown rice but you can use whatever you like.
4.  Once the 30 minutes are up put 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or a large skillet and cook the chicken till no longer pink.  Once chicken is pink remove and set aside.
5.  Add another tablespoon of oil and fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes or until no longer crispy, then add the water and bouillon.  Return the chicken to the wok.  Cook and stir until sauce is thick and bubbly.
6.  Serve over rice.


Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!