Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Chili

Now that I have two jobs crock pot meal are becoming my favorite thing.  This recipe was very easy to put together and even more delicious to eat!

Ingredients
  • 1 onion, chopped ( I used a 16 oz. bag of frozen chopped onions)
  • 16 oz can black beans
  • 16 oz can kidney beans
  • 16 oz can of tomato sauce
  • Half of a 16 oz frozen bag of corn 
  • 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (I used diced tomatoes with no seasoning because the people eating the chili do not like hot things)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp cumin (I used .5 tbsp to make it less spicy)
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions
  1. Combine beans, onions, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in crockpot.
  2.  Place chicken on top and cover. 
  3. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
  4. Half hour before serving shred the chicken and stir it in to the rest of the mixture.
  5. Top with Mexican cheese and sour cream.

Final Product

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!