- 12 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 5 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- olive oil cooking spray
- Cut cheese in half so you have 24 pieces. Place the cheese in the freezer until cheese is frozen (make sure the cheese is very hard or else the cheese will be hard to work with).
- In small bowl, whisk the egg and the flour in another small bowl. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, panko, Parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip the frozen cheese in flour make sure there is no excess then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
- Place cheese back into the freezer until ready to bake (important so that the cheese doesn’t melt before it is in the oven)
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly with oil.
- Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet and spray the top of the mozzarella sticks with a little oil and bake in the bottom of your oven until crisp for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes make sure to keep an eye on them so they do not start to melt.