Serving size: This recipe served three people
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Season all salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3/4- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 10 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 14.5 oz can of kidney beans (drained)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl add your olive oil and season all
- Add your potatoes to bowl and coat potatoes
- Stick Potatoes on a cooking tray and place in oven for 1 hour (until fork can easily go inside)
- While potatoes are cooking place your oil, ground beef, onion and garlic in a pot over medium high heat and continue to cook till meat is browned.
- Add your seasonings, tomato paste and beans, and mix well. Let mixture simmer till potatoes are done cooking
- Once potatoes are done, place them in fridge for about 10 minutes (or until cool enough to cut.)
- Cut potatoes lengthwise, and remove the insides of potato and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 a cup of cheese, and your butter to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Sprinkle cheese into the skins, and then top with your potato mixture.
- Divide your chili evenly between potatoes, and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until cheese is completely melted