Serving size: 1 pack of discos makes 10 empanadas
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40-50 minutes
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sazon (if you are using the boxed Sazon use 1 packet)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 package of GOYA Discos thawed (I used the orange ones but you can use whichever you prefer, make sure there are no broken discs and they are located in the fridge by where the international food section is at your grocery store)
- 1.5 cups of Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- In a large pan add your ground beef and onions and cook until meat is browned.
- Drain any fat from pan.
- Once meat is browned and drained add your tomato sauce, Sazon, Garlic and oregano and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place oil in pan and let warm.
- On a flat surface, cover with flour and place your discos on the floured surface.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of meat mixture to each discos, and top with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Dip finger into water and moisten the edge on half of the discos.
- Fold the discos in half and seal with fork.
- Add discos to oil and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side until they are bubbly and brown.
- Serve with Spanish rice and enjoy =)