Sunday, October 6, 2013

Avocado and White Bean Wraps

I can't believe it has taken this long for me to write a new post.  I just moved, and August has been so crazy.  We don't have gas right now so I have been really looking for recipes that require basically no heat (other than a microwave.)  I have really been on an avocado kick, so when I saw a recipe for this wrap I knew I had to try it.  I usually am NOT a wrap person, but let me say this is one wrap I would not get sick of.  This was so filling, super easy and quick, and required no cooking AT ALL.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Eating well

Ingredients

  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 15 oz can of white beans drained (I used white northern beans)
  • 1 15 oz can of chicken (shredded)
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
  • 1 small red onion chopped
  • 1.5 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
  • 4 8-10 inch tortillas (I used the 8 inch ones)
  • Baby spinach for topping

Directions

  1. In a food processor add your avocado, red onions and white beans.  If you have a small food processor I would do your avocado and red onions first, and then your white beans.
  2. Once blended and you r mixture is very smooth place in a bowl and mix in your shredded chicken and garlic powder.
  3. On a plate place a tortilla and spread mixture until tortilla is completely covered.
  4. Top with your cheese and spinach, and roll into a wrap.
Final Product

 PICTURE FROM EATING WELL (I forgot to take a finished product)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!