When I was in college every Tuesday would be taco salad Tuesday, and it was my favorite food they offered at the dining halls. I was craving Mexican the other day and I thought why not make taco salad, try and make it a little healthier and make an exciting dressing. This was so good, and much healthier then the usual taco salad, since the dressing was made with Greek yogurt.
Prep time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Serving size: This made enough for 4 big salads
For the salad
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 14.5 oz can of black beans (drained)
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Tortilla chips for topping
- Mexican cheese for topping
- 2 avocados diced
- 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Prepare your dressing by adding all of your dressing ingredients together, mix well.
- The dressing is meant to be a little runny, if you want it thicker add less milk.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at least an hour.
- While dressing is cooling, brown your ground turkey and let cool.
- In a bowl add about 1/4 cup of spinach, 1/4 cup of black beans, 1/4 cup of ground turkey, diced avocado, tortillas and cheese.
- Top with your desired amount of dressing.