Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pan Fried Cod With Fresh Herbs

I have started a new job, and living in a new place which equals NO money.  I had a bag of cod in the freezer, and I thought why not have cod for dinner.  I can be pretty picky with fish, and I don't really like the taste of fried cod (I think it has too much of an oily taste.)  This recipe was something I quick threw together, and it was delicious.  It had that nice crispness of being fried, but without the taste of oil.  This seriously was such a cheap an easy meal, I suggest it to anyone who only has 20 minutes to throw dinner together.
Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook time- 10 minutes
Serving size- This recipe was for just one person, so just adjust the recipe accordingly.

Ingredients

  • 1 cod fillet
  • 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder.
  • 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (1 0r 2 fresh garlic cloves)
  • 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons of Adoba seasoning (sounds weird, but trust me on this!)
  • Flour (I would say about a tablespoon, just enough to cover lightly so the fish browns )
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • Fresh parsley for topping
Directions

  1. Combine your onion powder, garlic, paprika and Adoba.
  2. Place your fish in the seasoning mixture, and coat both sides.
  3. Then sprinkle flour on your seasoned fillet ( you really don't need a lot of flour, just a dusting so the fillet gets brown)
  4. Place your oil in a pan, let sit for about 3-5 minutes to warm.
  5. Place your cod in pan, and let cook for 4 minutes per side.
  6. Serve with fresh parsley on top.
  7. Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!