Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Copycat KFC Bowl

I am not a huge fast food person, but I have to admit I LOVE the KFC bowl.  The combination of chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy all mixed in one is just so great.  KFC is SO expensive though, that I rarely get the bowl.  I saw that one of my friends on Facebook decided to make her  own, and I knew I had to try that right away.  These are so easy and cheap to make, not to mention a lot better for you.  This does differ from the typical KFC bowl because I did not fry my chicken.  If you love fried chicken then fry instead of saute.

Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serving size- This made 4 bowls

Ingredients


  • 2 packages of Idahoan instant mashed potatoes (you can make your own if you want, these were just much easier and taste great)
  • 1 can of sweet corn
  • 1 pound of chicken cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 package of instant gravy
  • 2 tablespoons of oil
  • 2 tablespoons of Adoba seasoning
  • 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
  • Mexican cheese for topping

Directions


  1. In a pot cook your mashed potatoes according to directions
  2. While your potatoes are cooking, place your chicken in a large bowl.  Add your flour and Adoba, mix well.
  3. Place your oil in a pan, add your chicken and cook till brown (about 10-15 minutes)
  4. When potatoes are done, cook you corn and chicken.
  5. In your serving bowl place a cup of potatoes, top with chicken, corn, gravy and sprinkle with Mexican cheese.
  6. Enjoy!
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!