Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice

I know it has been a while since my last post... I have been absolutely swamped at work.  Since I have been so bust I have really had no chance to make dinner, especially something that requires a lot of prep time.  I have a board on Pinterest for crockpot recipes... and let me tell you this last week I have been running through them.  This recipe was my favorite crockpot recipe I have made in a long time.  I love chicken in the crockpot because it literally falls apart, and what better way to cook chicken then sticking it in your crockpot, and letting it sit all day.  The prep for this was so fast, which is exactly what I need.   I will definitely be making this again, and it really is perfect for you if you only have a couple minutes to make something for dinner.

Serving Size: 8 cups
Prep time: less then five minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on low 6 hours on high
Things I would do different next time: I cooked this on high, I think next time I would cook it on low so the chicken falls apart easier (that's just my opinion)
Recipe adapted from: Clipping Money

Ingredients
  • 1 pound of chicken breasts
  • 110 oz can of reduced fat low sodium cream of chicken soup
  • 1 10 oz can of cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 14.5 oz can of reduced fat low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon of season all salt
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli
  • 1 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
  • Brown Rice to serve over
Directions

  1. Place your chicken in the bottom of your crockpot
  2. Add your cream of chicken, cheddar soup, chicken broth and seasoning... mix well and make sure chicken is covered.
  3. When there is 30 minutes left of cooking, shred your chicken and add your sour cream and frozen broccoli.
  4. Before serving add your cheddar cheese and mix well.
  5. Serve over rice and enjoy!

Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!