Monday, May 27, 2013

Crockpot Tex-Mex Chicken and Beans

I just love my crock pot, and especially these last few weeks my crock pot has really come in handy.  I love to use recipes that call for frozen chicken, because I just stick the chicken in the crock pot before I leave for work, and by the time I come home its just falls apart and is ready to eat.

I had a ton of beans in my cabinet that, I wanted to use and my boyfriend was craving Mexican food.  I remember seeing a post on Pinterest for Tex-Mex chicken in the crock pot and decided I would give it a shot.  It turned out awesome, and it made A LOT... I had leftovers all week which was perfect for me to take to work.

Serving Size: This would serve at least 6 people
Prep time: 5 ,minutes
Cook time: 8 hours on low 4 hours on high
Things I would do different: Absolutely nothing it was perfect
Recipe adapted from: Recipe Girl

Ingredients

  • 2 14.5 oz can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 16 oz jar of mild salsa
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped green chiles (I bought a little can, you can find them where the taco shells are)
  • 2 tablespoons of flour
  • 1.5 pounds of frozen chicken breast or thighs
  • 2 tablespoons of season-all salt
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 8 oz of frozen mixed peppers
  • Sour cream for serving
  • Mexican cheese for serving
  • Rice to serve over ( I made 4 servings of rice)
Directions

  1.  Season chicken with season-all and place in the bottom of crock pot
  2. Add the rest of your ingredients except sour cream, cheese and rice. 
  3. Stir well until everything is combined.
  4. Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
  5. Remove chicken and shred.
  6. Serve over rice.
  7. Enjoy!
Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!