I had a ton of beans in my cabinet that, I wanted to use and my boyfriend was craving Mexican food. I remember seeing a post on Pinterest for Tex-Mex chicken in the crock pot and decided I would give it a shot. It turned out awesome, and it made A LOT... I had leftovers all week which was perfect for me to take to work.
Serving Size: This would serve at least 6 people
Prep time: 5 ,minutes
Cook time: 8 hours on low 4 hours on high
Things I would do different: Absolutely nothing it was perfect
Recipe adapted from: Recipe Girl
- 2 14.5 oz can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 16 oz jar of mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green chiles (I bought a little can, you can find them where the taco shells are)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1.5 pounds of frozen chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoons of season-all salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 oz of frozen mixed peppers
- Sour cream for serving
- Mexican cheese for serving
- Rice to serve over ( I made 4 servings of rice)
- Season chicken with season-all and place in the bottom of crock pot
- Add the rest of your ingredients except sour cream, cheese and rice.
- Stir well until everything is combined.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Serve over rice.