Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beer Lime Chicken

I am recently on a grilling kick, and have been grilling chicken or whatever meat I may have frozen.  When I first started to cook I used to use McCormick seasoning and it was called backyard brew and it was AMAZING.  I have not been able to find it, and my boyfriend wanted some type of beer marinade.  I came across this marinade, and was hesitant with the lime and the beer mixture but it was really tasty.  This has to be one of my favorite chicken marinades, and is perfect for grilling on a summer night.

Prep time: 2 hours 5 minutes (that is with letting the marinade sit)
Cook time: 14 minutes
Recipe adapted from:All Recipes
Serving: This recipe made enough for 3 people


Ingredients

  • 1 pound of chicken
  • 1 12oz bottle of beer
  • 3 tablespoons of lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons of honey
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1 tablespoon of onion powder 
Directions

  1. In a bowl place your chicken and add all ingredients.
  2. Mix ingredients until chicken is completely coated.
  3. Cover bowl and let refrigerate for at least 2 hours (the longer the better)
  4. Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
  5. Place chicken on grill  and sprinkle some like juice on top
  6. Grill for 7 minutes on each side (if using a George Foreman grill I would do 7 minutes total)
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!