Monday, June 24, 2013

Seasoned Tilipia

I know it has been quite some time since I posted, I am really going to try to get back to posting on a somewhat daily basis.  What better entry then this recipe though.  I very rarely cook fish, just because it can be very pricey, I guess it was my lucky day and the grocery store by me had an awesome sale on tilipia.  I picked up 3 filet's and and tried to decide how I was going to cook them.

I recently started and herb garden, and my herbs are finally growing and I can use them now.  I found a recipe online for seasoned tilipia and it called for thyme and parsley (2 of the herbs in my garden)  I thought why not give the recipe a try.   This turned out FANTASTIC.  It honestly has to be one of my favorite seasoning for fish.  It has a little bit of a kick, not anything too crazy and all of the herbs just mixed so well together.  This is definitely going to by go to seasoning for fish.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home

Ingredients.

  • 3 tilipia filet's
  • 1.5 tablespoons of butter (melted)
  • 2 teaspoons of Montreal steak seasoning (or your favorite steak seasoning)
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley (1 teaspoon of fresh)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (1 teaspoon of fresh)
  • 1teaspoon of paprika
  • 1 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a well greased casserole dish place your filets.
  3. Cover your filets with melted butter
  4. In a small bowl combine all of your ingredients
  5. Sprinkle  mixture over filets
  6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes
  7. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes
  8. Enjoy =)
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!