Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Zatarains
Serving size: This makes about 6 servings
- 1 box of Zatarains Red Beans and Rice mix
- 3 tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, brown your ground beef and drain.
- In a well greased casserole dish spread half of your rice mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Top rice mixture with tortillas
- Top with 3 of the tortillas.
- Top tortillas with meat mixture.
- Top meat mixture with the rest of your rice.
- Top with Mexican Cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes (until cheese is melted)
- Let stand for 5 minutes,
- Serve and enjoy!