Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Honey Mustard and Pretzel Crusted Chicken

I absolutely love chicken, but I always feel like I run out of ideas for chicken or all the recipes are the same.  I had a ton of chicken in our freezer and wanted to bake some chicken for dinner, but did not want to just do regular baked chicken.  I saw a recipe going around Pinterest for pretzel crusted chicken, and I thought why not.  Everyone was very hesitant about this when I told them, but it was AWESOME.  It is unlike any baked chicken I have had before, the pretzels give it a nice crunch, and the honey mustard sauce is wonderful. I would definitely suggest this to anyone looking for new ways to bake chicken!

Ingredients
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cups panko crumbs
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • ½ cup Dijon mustard
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • ¼ cup water
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • ½ cup flour
Directions
  1. Preheat  your oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease your baking dish
  2. In a pan, add your panko crumbs and cook until brown.  Make sure to constantly stir so they do not burn.  Once browned remove from pan and set aside.
  3. In a food processor (or blender), process the pretzels until they are all crumbs, and add this mixture to your panko crumbs
  4. Rinse your food processor, and place  your oil, mustard, honey, water and vinegar and process until
  5. Place your mustard mixture in a small bowl, put your flour in another bowl, and the pretzel mixture to a third bowl.
  6. Place the chicken in the flour, then into the dressing and lastly in the pretzels (make sure the chicken is fully coated).
  7.  Place your chicken onto the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
  8. Enjoy!
Final Product
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!