Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Simple Deviled Eggs

Who doesn't love a good deviled egg, especially at a summer cook out!  I was craving deviled eggs the other day, and I decided why not make some and bring the rest to work as a treat.  I never made deviled eggs before, so I was not sure how they would turn out.  The recipe I used was super simple, and they tasted awesome.  I will definitely be using this recipe all the time!
Prep time- 15 minutes
Cook time- 20 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Six Sisters Stuff

Ingredients

  • 1 dozen large eggs
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons of onion powder
  • Paprika for topping
Directions

  • Place your eggs in a large pot, and cover with about an inch of water.
  • Bring water to a boil.
  • Once water is boiling, leave eggs in for one minute.
  • After one minute, remove pot from heat and let eggs sit for 13 minutes.
  • Once your time is up remove eggs from heat and place in cool water for about 10 minutes (this makes the eggs much easier to peel)
  • Once eggs are peeled, slice your eggs in half and place the yolks in a large bowl and arrange the egg whites on a plate (I used a food processor)
  • Add your mayonnaise, mustard, garlic and onion powder to the yolks and mix (or process) until completely smooth.
  • Add mixture to your shells, and sprinkle with paprika.
  • Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!