Thursday, September 25, 2014

Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I am completely obsessed with my crockpot, which I am guessing is pretty apparent!  Football is back, which mean delicious food.  Last Sunday it was pretty chilly, and I was in the mood for some soup.  I decided I would try a loaded baked potato soup (in the crockpot, of course!)  This gave me all the time to watch the football games!  This cooked all day, made plenty, and was delicious.  I will for sure be making this again
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours (4 on high, 8 on low)
Serving size:6-8 people
Recipe adapted from:

Ingredients

  • 8 russet potatoes cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 tablespoon of onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
  • 3 14.5 oz. cans of chicken broth
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 teaspoons of ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup of butter
  • 1/3 cup of flour
  • Sour cream for topping
  • Bacon for topping (I used the already cooked bacon)
  • Mexican cheese for topping.
Directions
  1. Add your potatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and pepper to your crockpot.
  2. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low(I cooked on low for 8 hours)
  3. Once your time is up remove 2 cups of liquid from the crockpot, and set aside.
  4. In a pan add your butter, and cook till melted.
  5. Once melted add your flour and stir well.
  6. Add your reserved mixture, and mix until it is smooth.
  7. Once smooth, add to your crockpot and mix well.  (You may need to add flour if it is not creamy enough)
  8. Serve with sour cream, bacon and cheese.
  9. Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!