Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours (4 on high, 8 on low)
Serving size:6-8 people
Recipe adapted from:
- 8 russet potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3 14.5 oz. cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- Sour cream for topping
- Bacon for topping (I used the already cooked bacon)
- Mexican cheese for topping.
- Add your potatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and pepper to your crockpot.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low(I cooked on low for 8 hours)
- Once your time is up remove 2 cups of liquid from the crockpot, and set aside.
- In a pan add your butter, and cook till melted.
- Once melted add your flour and stir well.
- Add your reserved mixture, and mix until it is smooth.
- Once smooth, add to your crockpot and mix well. (You may need to add flour if it is not creamy enough)
- Serve with sour cream, bacon and cheese.