I really wanted to try some new meals with pasta but are different then just the regular sauce and noodle recipes. I found this recipe while grocery shopping but there was a lot of things in it that I did not like and I decided to change it up a little and this is what I came up with. It turned out really good and everyone that tried it LOVED it.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Olive Oil (enough to coat the pan)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 1.5 pounds of medium shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red peppers
- 12 oz jar of of roasted red sweet peppers. Make sure to drain really well and then chop up
- 1/2 cup of dry white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1.5 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Box of whole wheat penne pasta
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium high heat until the butter is melted.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions are tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and crushed red pepper and stir for about two minutes.
- Add the chopped roasted red sweet peppers and white wine. You can also put the water for the pasta on.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat, simmer for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Stir in the cream and return to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and boil gently for 1 minute and then add the basil.
7.You can then add the mixture to the cooked pasta and add the parmesean cheese.
8. Mix well and serve.