Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 8-10 people
- 1.5 pounds of ground turkey( Feel free to use ground beef)
- 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder (equivalent to one onion, my boyfriend HATES onions, so I have to use powder)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Cheese for topping
- In a large pot brown your ground beef and add your onion powder, and garlic.
- Once your meat is browned, add your water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cayenne and cumin, and Italian Seasoning. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes (the longer the better).
- Top with cheese, and enjoy!