Friday, November 14, 2014

Homemade Chili

It's about that time where the weather is getting super cold, and whenever I think of cold fall weather...I think of chili.  I have made a few different chili's and this one by far was the easiest, and had an awesome taste. My boyfriend said this was one of his favorite chili's (he went for thirds, which is always a good thing.)  One of my favorite things about chili is that it makes so much, which means plenty of leftovers!

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 8-10 people

Ingredients
  • 1.5 pounds of ground turkey( Feel free to use ground beef)
  • 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder (equivalent to one onion, my boyfriend HATES onions, so I have to use powder)
  • 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 can of  kidney beans
  • 1 can of black beans
  • ⅓ cup chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • 1.5 tablespoons of cumin
  • 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
  • Cheese for topping
Directions
 
  1. In a large pot brown your ground beef and add your onion powder, and garlic.
  2. Once your meat is browned, add your water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cayenne and cumin, and Italian Seasoning. Bring  mixture to a boil.
  3. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes (the longer the better).
  4. Top with cheese, and enjoy!
Final Product
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!