Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lemon Pepper Wings

As I promised here are the second batch of wings I made on Monday night.  I thought the Sweet and Spicy wings were really good, but these here are so delicious I wish I tripled the recipe!  They were so good that I had a request to make them this Sunday for the games.  These are different than the Sweet and Spicy wings because it is more of a dry rub.  These come out so nice and juicy, and the lemon is the perfect kick.  I would make these any day, rather then going to a bar for wings.

Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (it took me three uses in the fryer to cook all the wings)
Servings size: This made about 25 wings.
Price: 10 dollars (Wings were on sale BOGO)
Recipe adapted from: Food Network

Ingredients
  • Oil for frying (lucky for me I did not dump my oil from Sunday, and I just strained the oil and reused it)
  • 3.4- 4 pounds of young chicken wings
  • 1 Tablespoon of Adoba Seasoning
  • 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons of parsley
  • 1 cup of Dijon mustard
  • 1.5 cups of flour
  • 2 lemons
  • 1 tablespoon Lemon-pepper seasoning (Use more if you want the wings more spicy)
Directions
  1. Turn your fryer on 375 degrees and let oil warm up.
  2. While oil is warming separate your wings (check my last post for the link for easy tips to separate the wings)
  3. Place your wings in a large bowl and place your Adoba, garlic, pepper, and parsley. 
  4. Add your mustard and make sure all chicken is nicely coated.
  5. Add your flour and coat all your chicken in the flour (this part gets a little messy try and keep a hand dry so your hands don't get the batter stuck
  6.  Add your chicken to the oil, fry until cooked through about 10-13 minutes. 
  7. Once your last batch of chicken is done, place chicken in a bowl and sprinkle the juice of your lemons over the chicken, and then add the lemon pepper seasoning.
  8. Enjoy!
Final Product

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!