Prep time: 30 minutes (it may be shorter, but I had to separate the wings)
Cook time: 30 minutes (it took me three batches to cook all the wings)
Serving size: This made about 30 wings
Price of meal: 15 dollars (It will be cheaper if you have some of the ingredients, I had to buy everything)
Recipe Adapted from: Rasa Malaysia
- 24 pounds of chicken wings (separated)
- Here is a great how to on separating wings- How to Separate Wings
- Oil for frying (I used about 16oz containers of oil, I have a decent size fryer)\
- 2 tablespoons of Adoba
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of Siracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons of Chinese Rice Wine
- 1.5 tablespoons of corn starch (you may need more if your sauce isn't thick enough)
- Fill your deep fryer with oil, and place heat on 375 degrees.
- While your oil is warming, coat your chicken with pepper and Adoba. Once your wings are coated, add your flour and make sure wings are coated. (they will only be lightly coated and that's OK)
- Place your wings in your deep fryer, make sure wings are completely covered with oil.
- Cook for 10 -13 minutes, and remove from deep fryer.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until all wings are cooked
- Add your sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, and warm until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and place in large bowl.
- Add your chicken to the sauce mixture, mix well.