Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sweet and Spicy Wings

I FINALLY MADE MY OWN WINGS.  Now that's out of the way, I am super excited how great these turned out.  My boyfriend has been begging me to make wings for a while now.  What better day to try wings then on football Sunday.  He loved the wings so much, that I had to make more the next day (no lie, I will post the other recipe this week) Wings are definitely work to make, but so worth it AND so much cheaper then buying them for your favorite bar.  Our friend described these wings as General Tso Wings, which I thought was awesome.

Prep time: 30 minutes (it may be shorter, but I had to separate the wings)
Cook time: 30 minutes (it took me three batches to cook all the wings)
Serving size: This made about 30 wings
Price of meal: 15 dollars (It will be cheaper if you have some of the ingredients, I had to buy everything)
Recipe Adapted from: Rasa Malaysia

Ingredients

  • 24 pounds of chicken wings (separated)
  • Oil for frying (I used about 16oz containers of oil, I have a decent size fryer)\
  • 2 tablespoons of Adoba
  • 2 teaspoons of pepper
Sauce Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons of Siracha  hot sauce
  • 1/4 cup of chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 3.5 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
  • 1.5 tablespoons of Chinese Rice Wine
  • 1.5 tablespoons of corn starch (you may need more if your sauce isn't thick enough)
Directions

  1. Fill your deep fryer with oil, and place heat on 375 degrees.
  2. While your oil is warming, coat your chicken with pepper and Adoba. Once your wings are coated, add your flour and make sure wings are coated. (they will only be lightly coated and that's OK)
  3. Place your wings in your deep fryer, make sure wings are completely covered with oil.
  4. Cook for 10 -13 minutes, and remove from deep fryer. 
  5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all wings are cooked
  6. Add your sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, and warm until sauce is thickened.
  7. Remove from heat and place in large bowl.
  8. Add your chicken to the sauce mixture, mix well.
  9. Enjoy!
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!