Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

It's about that time of year again, where the weather is getting cold AKA soup weather.  I really don't like brothy soups at all, they remind me of food you eat when your sick.  When I saw the recipe for creamy chicken noodle soup, I knew I had to try it.  This was SO DELCIOUS and hit the spot on such a cold day.  I think that next time I may double the recipe so I have enough to take with me for lunch.  If you like chicken noodle soup, but aren't in the mood for a lot of broth... here is your solution!
Recipe Adapted from:Six Sisters Stuff
Serving Size- about 6 cups
Prep time- 5 minutes
Cook time- 3-6 hours

Ingredients

  • 2 10.75 oz. cans cream of chicken soup (or you can substitute one for cream of celery)
  • 5 cups of 2% milk
  • 2.5 cups of shredded chicken (I used an oven roasted rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 bag of mixed frozen vegetables (mixture of green beans, corn, carrots and lima beans)
  • 1 tablespoon of Season All
  • 1 tablespoon of onion powder
  • 2 cups of egg noodles
Directions

  1. In your crockpot add your milk and cream of chicken soup.  Whisk well into everything is combined.
  2. Add your chicken, vegetables, Season All, and onion powder.
  3. Place your crockpot on high, and let cook for 3 hours (if using low, cook for 6 hours)
  4. 30 minutes before soup is done, add your noodles and continue to cook.
  5. Enjoy!
Final Product

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect quick fix after a long day on the go but what is "season all"? Is it supposed to be seasoned salt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is seasoned salt, in PA there is a brand called season all, Seasoned salt is perfect though (adoba is great too!)

    ReplyDelete

I would really love anyones feed back!!