Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4-5 people
Cost- 15 dollars
- 5 slice of maple bacon, diced (the maple bacon gives the chowder a great taste!)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 2.5 tablespoons of flour
- 3.5 cups of whole milk
- 2 russet potatoes, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 8 oz.package of honey ham, cut into bite size piece (again the honey ham really adds a great taste)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a large pot, add your butter and garlic and cook till butter is melted
- Add your corn, onion powder and Italian seasoning, and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add your flour, and cook until flour is soaked up.
- Add your milk and whisk until thickened (this may take anywhere from 3-10 minutes)
- Add your potatoes, and bring your mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce your heat and let mixture simmer for about 20-30 minutes. ( Make sure your potatoes are soft, you may need to let mixture simmer longer if not)
- While your mixture is simmering add your bacon to a pan and cook till crispy. Once crispy remove and place on a plate to drain excess grease.
- Once your potatoes are soft add your ham and cook for another 5 minutes
- Top with your bacon, and enjoy!