Monday, February 18, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Stew

I am sure you can all tell I love chicken pot pie, in all variations (cupcakes, soup, casserole and now of course stew.)  I really was in the mood for chicken pot pie over the weekend, but I did not want to take the time to make it.  I remembered seeing something on pinterest (Original Recipe) about doing a chicken pot pie stew in the crock pot.  I found the recipe, tweaked it a little and I have to say this is probably my favorite version of chicken pot pie.  The crock pot made the potatoes the perfect texture it was absolutely delicious.  My boyfriend said it was one of his favorite meals I made so far!

Ingredients

  • 2 large frozen chicken breasts
  • 8 oz bag of baby carrots
  • 2 cans of healthy request cream of chicken soup
  • 8-10 medium red potatoes(cut into fours)
  • 5 celery hearts chopped
  • 4 tablespoons of granulated chicken bouillon (about 5 cubes)
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon of celery salt
  • 1.5 teaspoons of pepper
  • 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
Directions

  1. Place your frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker.
  2. Add all of your ingredients except the frozen vegetables.
  3. Place on high for about 5 hours (or low for 10)
  4. After 5 hours shred your chicken, and add your frozen veggies.
  5. Let cook for another hour.
  6. Serve with biscuits
Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!