Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Red Beans and Rice

I have to start off by saying this is probably one of the easiest recipes I have made in a while, and one that tastes amazing.  I absolutely loved kidney beans and am always looking for new recipes for them.  I love Spanish food (especially the rice) and thought why not try to make red beans and rice.  I came across a really simple recipe on Loving my Domestic Life.  If you are looking for a fast and easy meal this is definitely it... I changed this recipe a little, and I'm sure there are tons of other variations to try.  Let me know if you did anything different!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 14.5 oz can of red kidney beans
  • 1 14.5 oz can of white kidney beans
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 tablespoons of chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (skip this if you don't like it spicy)
  • 3 cups of rice (I had a lot of rice left over, so use as much or little rice as you want)
Directions

  1. In a pan over medium high heat, brown your ground beef, garlic and onion.
  2. While your meat is browning cook your rice (I cooked mine right in the microwave)
  3. Drain your beef and return to pan.
  4. Add your drained beans and mix well.
  5. Transfer your mixture to a large bowl and add your rice.
  6. I added about 2.5 cups of rice (use your judgement on how much rice you want with beans, I wanted more beans then rice, which is why I used less)
  7. Enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!