Friday, February 8, 2013

Spinach and Quinoua Bake

I have been doing really well with my eating healthy kick, and I have really liked everything that I have made so far.  I have been trying to make something that I can take to work for a snack every Sunday.  This week I had some quinoa that I wanted to use and found a recipe for a quinoa and spinach bake.  This was absolutely delicious and really filling.  I will be making this again in the future it made a great and filling snack.

Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • Panko crumbs for topping
  • 1 bag of spinach leaves
  • 2 teaspoons of olive oil
  • 1 onion diced
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tablespoon of thyme
  • 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (2 cups cooked)
  • 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
  3. Boil a pot of water, once boiling add your bag of spinach and let sit for 10 seconds (or until spinach turns a bright green)

  1. Once bright green remove from water and let sit in ice water.

  1. In another pot boil your water and cook your Quinoa according to directions
  2. Heat your olive oil in pan and add your onion, garlic and thyme...saute until for about 8 minutes or until onions are tender.
  3. Once onion and garlic are cooked remove from heat and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
  4. Your spinach should be cooled by now. Remove spinach from ice water and drain all excess water from the leaves. 
  5. Once spinach is drained chop your spinach and add to your mixing bowl
  6. Add your quinoa, cottage cheese, pepper, and eggs to the mixing bowl, and stir until combined.



Pour the mixture into a well greased baking dish,top with some bread crumbs and place in the oven .


  1. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
  2. Let sit for 10 minutes and serve!

Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!