- Cooking spray
- Panko crumbs for topping
- 1 bag of spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Boil a pot of water, once boiling add your bag of spinach and let sit for 10 seconds (or until spinach turns a bright green)
- Once bright green remove from water and let sit in ice water.
- In another pot boil your water and cook your Quinoa according to directions
- Heat your olive oil in pan and add your onion, garlic and thyme...saute until for about 8 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Once onion and garlic are cooked remove from heat and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Your spinach should be cooled by now. Remove spinach from ice water and drain all excess water from the leaves.
- Once spinach is drained chop your spinach and add to your mixing bowl
- Add your quinoa, cottage cheese, pepper, and eggs to the mixing bowl, and stir until combined.
Pour the mixture into a well greased baking dish,top with some bread crumbs and place in the oven .
- Let sit for 10 minutes and serve!