Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Scalloped Potatoes in the Crockpot

Sunday was one of the first Sundays I had off with absolutely nothing to do, and I was planning on making meatloaf and wanted a good side with it, that also didn't take a lot of time.  I remembered my mom making scalloped potatoes in the crock pot and I decided to give it a try.  These potatoes turned out delicious, they were the perfect texture and the flavor was amazing.  My house also smelled delicious while they cooked! Here is the link from the blog I got the idea from Six Sisters.

Ingredients

  • 2-3 pound of red potatoes (about 8-12 potatoes) I left the skin on mine but you can peel them if you would like.
  • 1 14.5 oz can of cream of potato soup
  • 1.5 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1.5 tablespoons of garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon of paprika
  • 2 cups of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of low fat sour cream
  • Chives for topping
Directions

  1. Slice your potatoes, make sure you slice them pretty thin.
  2. Once they are sliced add them to your crock pot.
  3. Add the rest of your ingredients and mix very well till all of your potatoes are coated
  4. Place on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are soft. ( I checked mine at 6 and they needed some more time, they were perfect by 7 hours.)
  5. I topped mine with some freeze dried chives, and some more paprika.
Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!