Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oven Baked Breaded Beer Drumsticks

The other night I was craving some chicken I just did not know what kind I wanted.  I only had chicken legs in the freezer so I knew I wanted to do some sort of breaded chicken.  While I was thinking about what to make, I though of this chicken that I used to make when I started cooking.  It was a seasoning that came in a packet and you poured it over your chicken and let your chicken marinate for an hour or so.  I decided to try something like that of my own, and it turned out really good.  I would say if you do have chicken breasts I would use those, but that's probably just because I like chicken breasts more then chicken legs.

Ingredients

  • 6 chicken drumsticks
  • 1 bottle of beer 
  • 1 tablespoon of paprika
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 tablespoon of basil
  • 1 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large freezer bag (or really big bowl) place your chicken.
  3. Add your beer to the chicken, and all of your seasonings.
  4. Shake the bag until your chicken is coated, and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
  5. In a medium sized bowl add your breadcrumbs.
  6. Place one drumstick at a time into your breadcrumbs until fully coated.
  7. Place chicken on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink (I don't have a thermometer so I cut my biggest drumstick to make sure it was cooked through(
  8. Serve.  (I served with garlic mashed potatoes and Steamfresh Teryaki vegetables)
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!