- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 14 oz package of Jalapeno and cheese sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2.5 cups of penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1.5 cups of shredded monterery jack cheese
- In a large skillet, heat your oil and add your sausage and onions.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add your garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add your broth, diced tomatoes, milk, uncooked pasta and garlic sit and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce your heat, cover the mixture and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender
- Add your cheese and mix until cheese is melted in.
Recipe adapted from:Bitchin Kitchin