Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spicy Sausage Pasta

I know it has been a long time since I last posted.  I have so many recipes I need to add!  This recipe was something I have been dying to try and couldn't wait to make.  It is so simple, and tastes great.  I really liked that I didn't have to boil the pasta, it was all done in the skillet (who doesn't love one dish meals.) 

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 14 oz package of Jalapeno and cheese sausage (cut into bite size pieces)
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1/2 cup of whole milk
  • 2.5 cups of penne pasta
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
  • 1.5 cups of shredded monterery jack cheese
Directions

  1. In a large skillet, heat your oil and add your sausage and onions.
  2. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until onions are tender.
  3. Add your garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Add your broth, diced tomatoes, milk, uncooked pasta and garlic sit and bring to a boil.
  5. Once boiling reduce your heat, cover the mixture and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender
  6. Add your cheese and mix until cheese is melted in.
  7. Serve!
Final Product.




Recipe adapted from:Bitchin Kitchin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!