Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chickpea Salad

I am such a big fan of chickpeas, especially on my salad.  I saw a recipe a while ago for chickpea salad, and I have been dying to try it.  I made this the other night and bought it for lunch, and it was so filling.  The recipe I found orginally called for a lot of things I didnt like so I just made it up.   I will be making this again without a doubt, and it would be the perfect summer salad.

Ingredients

  • 1 14.5 oz can of chickpeas (drained)
  • 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with basil (drained VERY WELL)
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1.5 tablespoons of basil
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons of apple cider vineagar
  • 1.5 teaspoons of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Directions

  1.  Rinse and drain chickpeas very well.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, drained diced tomatos, onions, and herbs. 
  3. In a another bowl, mix your garlic and salt. Whisk in the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar and olive oil.
  4. Pour the dressing into the chickpeas and vegetables and mix very well coating all of the chickpeas
  5. Place in fridge for AT LEAST an hour, I have to say it was so much better cold then warm, so the longer in the fridge better!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!