- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers (chopped)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (I like my sauce on the sweeter side, you don't have to add sugar though)
- 2 cups of brown rice (cooked)
- 1 24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I used Francisco Rinaldi Garlic and Basil flavoring)
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your ground beef in a large pan until browned, drain your meat
- Place your ground beef back in pan and add your green peppers, onion powder, and garlic.
- Cook on medium-low heat until your peppers are tender.
- In an 8x8 casserole dish, stir together your rice, spaghetti sauce, and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Add your beef mixture to the sauce and stir until everything is well combined.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.