Monday, July 2, 2012

Chicken and Rice with Salsa

I really am not a big meat eater, so I tend to make a lot of things with chicken in them.  I really love rice so when I came across a recipe for chicken and rice I had to try it.  I made a lot of adjustments to various ones.  This was really simple and easy to make and it was really good.

Ingredients












  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 pound of chicken cut into bite size pieces
  • 1/3 cup of McCormick chicken seasoning ( or seasoning of your choice)
  • 1 14.5 oz can of chicken broth
  • 8 oz of salsa
  • 2 cups of instant brown rice
  • 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese




Directions

  1. Heat oil over medium high heat
  2. Cut your chicken into bite size pieces and season well
  3. Place chicken in oil until brown, about 5 minutes
  4. Add your salsa and chicken broth and let boil (about 5 minutes)
  5. Once at a boil add your rice, mix in well 
  6. Turn off your heat, let rice sit for about 5-8 minutes or until rice is cooked
  7. Add your cheddar cheese, mix in until completely melted 
 Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!