- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1 (15 oz )container of skim ricotta
- 1/3 cup of parsley
- 1 egg
- 3.5 cups of shredded Italian cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat and add ground beef and onions
- Chop ground beef as small as possible and keep chopping till meat is browned
3. Drain any excess fat and return back to pan.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano to pan and stir
5. Cover with lid and let simmer while you cook the rest of the ingredients
6. Boil water and cook lasagna noodles for 8 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tsp of salt to prevent sticking
7. Once noodles are cooked remove them and place them on a cookie sheet in a nice line
8. While noodles are cooling, grab a bowl for your cheese mixture.
9. Add the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and parsley. Mix well with fork.
10. Add all of your cheese but a half a cup and mix well
11. Get a casserole dish and place about 1/3 cup of meat mixture into bottom so that the whole dish is coated
12. Place your cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle so that the whole noodle is covered
13. Place your meat mixture on top of cheese, make sure not to do too much so that it does not spill out when you roll them
14. Once all roll ups have cheese and meat on them... roll them up loosely and place them seam down into your casserole dish...they will all fit tightly so that it looks almost like lasagna. (There also may be some spillage when your roll them I just placed that into a bowl.
15. Place the remaining meat mixture on top of roll ups, place the remaining cheese on top of meat sauce and wrap loosely with aluminum foil making sure foil does not touch cheese.
16. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
17. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!!