Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jambalaya

Jambalaya is definetly one of the foods that I make quite often.  My boyrfriend is a big fan of this and its great because there is so much that you can do with this.  I know that some people choose to do the rice and season it their own... i have tried that and have to admit that Zatarans Jambalaya mix is the best.  With a little of my own tricks I have mastered the taste.

Ingredients

  • 1 package of Johnsonville sausage (I use sweet and spicy)
  • 2 cups of shrimp (peeled and tail off, I use more then a pound of meat so that it more of a thick texture)
  • 1 box of Zatarans mild Jambalaya mix
  • 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
  • .5 teaspoon of salt
  • .5 teaspoon of McCormick fiery 5 pepper (I make mine spicy so if you do not want it hot I would not put this in)
Directions

  1. Boil water and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil 
  2. While water is boiling add your shrimp and sausage into a pan with 1/2 inch of water until they are cooked.
  3. Cut the sausage into bite size pieces 
  4. Once water is boiled add your Zataran mix and your meats.
  5. Place medium low setting for 25 minutes or until it is the texture you like.  I use more then a pound of meat so mine is more thick then soupy.
  6. Add your seasonings and mix well.
  7. Serve with cornbread (or whatever you choice of side may be I found cornbread tastes amazing with this)
 Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!