Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cajun Alfredo Pasta

I love pasta, and I am always looking for some new recipes with pasta.  I came across on Pinterest different posts about Cajun alfredo.  I decided to try my own and it turned out really well.  There is one thing that I would change and that is next time I would make my own sauce, instead of cooking creme.

Ingredients
  • Half a pound of chicken, I used chicken tenders
  • 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons of Garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons of Wegmen basting oil (this is an olive oil with thyme and basil in it)
  • 1 bag of pepper and onion mixture (you can use fresh vegetables as well and use a cup of onions, cup of green and red pepper it was just easier to use already chopped ones)
  • Half a pound of hot Italian sausage
  • 1 tub of Philadelphia  savory garlic cooking creme ( next time I would use my own sauce but it was quick and still tasted great)
  • 1/4 cup of whole milk
  • 1 box of penne pasta
Directions

  1. Cook pasta according to directions.  While pasta is cooking cut chicken and sausage into bite size pieces.
  2. Heat oil over medium high heat and add chicken and sausage with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.  Let sausage and chicken cook through, and add the vegetables.
  3. Cook the vegetables until tender, once tender add the cooking creme and milk.
  4. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes mix in pasta and serve
 Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!