Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Puppy Chow


I live in Lancaster County where there is a lot of good home cooking… especially desserts.  Over Christmas one of my customers at my job bought in this delicious mix called “puppy chow”.  I researched the recipe when I came home and found tons of different recipes so I decided to make one of my own.  It is very simple to make and its an awesome snack and if you have kids they LOVE it.
Ingredients
  • 7 Cups of crispy rice cereal squares
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter (I used more peanut butter because I personally like peanut butter a lot of recipes called for less this is your own personal choice)
  • 3/4 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1.5 cups of confectioners sugar ( this is something that you can add more or less of when everything is mixed to make sure all the cereal is coated)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
Directions
1. In a medium sauce pan melt the chocolate and butter over medium low heat.  Once it is all blended stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
image
2.  Remove the mixture from heat and add the cereal.  Add a little at time to make sure to cover all the cereal in the mixture.
3.  Once well coated add powdered sugar into a large Ziploc bag and add the cereal.  Shake the bag until the cereal is fully coated… add more powdered sugar if needed.
4.  Once the mixture is completely covered store in an airtight container in the fridge to cool down.


Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!