Monday, November 12, 2012

Garlic and Lemon Pasta with Asparagus

I am trying to eat somewhat healthier and let me tell you it gets expensive.  I have to say one of my favorite vegetables is asparagus, and it is hard to find recipes with asparagus in it.  I found a recipe for asparagus pasta and decided I would try something different.  It turned out really good.  I did have to make the asparagus on the side because some people are picky eaters. 

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of asparagus trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 garlic gloves chopped or minced
  • 1 pt of non fat milk (or light cream)
  • 1 box of  whole grain penne pasta
  • 1 lemon cut into halves.
  • 1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
Directions

  1. In a small pot boil water and add your asparagus.  Let boil for 4 minutes.
  2. In another pot boil your water, once boiling add your pasta and cook for about 8 minutes.
  3. In a large pot melt your butter, once butter is melted add your garlic and asparagus.
  4. Sautee for 3-5 minutes.
  5. Once the asparagus is tender add your milk.  Let your mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
  6. Squeeze one half of your lemon into your mixture. Mix well and pour over noodles.
  7. Taste the pasta and if you need more lemon add more lemon.  Add your Parmesan cheese, mix well and serve!
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!