Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Meatball Sandwich Casserole

One of my favorite foods I have to say is homemade meatballs.  I love meatball sandwiches but sometimes want to switch it up.  I found a recipe on pinterest when I first started for a meatball sandwich casserole. I completely forgot about it until I saw the picture.  I decided I would try and make it up and it turned out really good.  It was a big hit with everyone who ate it. 

Ingredients

For meatballs

  • 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
For Casserole

  • 1 loaf of french bread (sliced)
  • 1 bag of frozen chopped onions and peppers
  • 1.5 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
  • 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
Directions

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine your meat in a medium size bowl and mix well.
  3. Form into balls and over medium high heat brown your meatballs.
  4. Once your meatballs are done cooking add your onion and pepper mixture to the same pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
  5. Once tender add your sauce and meatballs and mix till everything is covered with sauce. (If you need more sauce add some so the mixture does not get dry)
  6. Cut your french bread in slices and brush your bread slices with olive oil
  7. Layer your bread in a casserole dish overlapping pieces where necessary
  8. Add your meat mixture covering as much of the bread as possible
  9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown
  10. Remove from oven, add your mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until your cheese is melted.
  11. Enjoy =)
Final Product

I would love some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!