Friday, January 18, 2013

Cajun Chicken Alfredo

I found a recipe for Cajun Alfredo, I have made something like this before and wanted to try another recipe.  This is the link Comfortably domestic.  I have to say I do like this recipe a lot more...it had much more of a kick.  I also liked that I was able to make the recipe lighter, and still kept the great taste of Alfredo.  This was a top choice for my roommate and boyfriend!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of chicken breasts cut into cubes
  • Cajun seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup of dry white wine
  • 1.5 cups of 2 percent milk
  • 1.5 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 box of penne pasta
Directions

  1. In a large skillet heat your oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
  2. Season your chicken heavily with the Cajun seasoning, mix well till chicken is coated (the spicier you like it the more Cajun seasoning to put on)
  3. Add your chicken to the pan and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes until cooked through
  4. While chicken is cooking, cook your pasta according to directions.
  5. When chicken is cooked add you wine to the chicken and scrape the black of the pan
  6. Once you clear the pan, add your garlic and tomatoes to the pan and let cook for about 2 minutes
  7. Then add your milk and stir constantly for 1 minute
  8. Once cooked add your Parmesan cheese and stir till cheese is melted.
  9. Pour over your pasta and enjoy!
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!