Monday, January 14, 2013

Honey Beer Glazed Chicken

The other night I was really craving chicken, with a different taste.  I could not think of anything so I searched the web for what I had, and it came up with an idea of a honey glaze with beer.  I had all the ingredients and decided to make it.  This was super fast, a different way to cook chiken and I have to say one of my favorite marinades for chicken that I have had in a while.  Everyone that ate agreed that it was delicious and something to be made in the near future.

Ingredients

  • 4 chicken breasts (pounded to the same thickness)
  • 2 tablespoons of oil
  • 1/2 cup of beer (I used miller hi life)
  • 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 3 tablespoons of shallots (cut thin)
  • Season all salt for taste
  • Parsley for topping
Directions

  1. In a large skillet add your oil, and swirl pan to cover with oil.
  2. Coat your chicken with Season all salt and add to pan
  3. Sautee each side for about 6 minutes (or until cooked all the way through)

  1. Remove from pan and set aside keeping warm
  2. Add your shallots and let cook for about 1 minute, or until they are clear
  3. While shallots are cooking combine your beer, honey, mustard and soy sauce and stir with a whisk till all ignredients are combined

  1. Add your mixture to the shallots and bring to a boil.  Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
  2. Once simmering add your chicken to the mixture and coat chicken completely
  3. Turn oven to low and let chicken marinate in the sauce for about 15 minutes.
  4. Top with parsley and serve!




















Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!