Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chicken Burrito Bowls

I saw a bunch off recipes floating around pinterest for chicken burrito bowls, a lot of the links did not work though.  I have been trying to heat healthier, especially cut out carbs.  I absolutely love Mexican food, and I was craving a burrito.  I thought why not try the burrito bowls, have the taste of the burrito without the tortilla.  This a very healthy alternative to Mexican food and tasted amazing!

Ingredients ( This was for 3 bowls)
  • 1/2 pound of chicken tenders
  • 3 Cups of shredded lettuce
  • 3/4 cup of corn
  • 3/4 cup of diced tomato's
  • 1 can of black beans
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 1 green pepper diced
Directions

  1. In a skillet add your tenders and about 2 tablespoon of water.  Season your chicken (I had a little bit of taco seasoning I added that to my chicken)
  2. Cook chicken covered for about 15 minutes or until cooked through
  3. Remove chicken from pan and add about 2 tablespoons of water and cook your onions and green peppers until tender.
  4. After cooked place in a small bowl and and add your corn and tomatoes and let cook for about 5 minutes.
  5. In a bowl add 1 cup of shredded lettuce
  6. Top lettuce with black beans (I split the can between 3 bowl because we love black beans)
  7. Top your black beans with the green pepper onion mixture (I split this between 3 bowls)
  8. Top the green pepper and onion mixtures with 1/4 cup of the tomato corn mixture
  9. Shred your chicken and divide evenly among your bowls.
  10. Top with Tortilla chips, cheese, salsa, sour creams if desired (I added a little bit of cheese to mine but wanted to keep it healthy)
Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!