Thursday, January 3, 2013

Spinach, tomato and feta salad with Pierogies

I know it has been a long time since my last post but the holidays were crazy.  The weekend before Christmas my work had a holiday party at a smorgasbord.  They were serving lunch and had a pierogie spinach feta salad and it was honestly the best salad I had ever eaten.  We had a luncheon at my house and I was trying to find the recipe for this and couldn't find ANYTHING.  I decided I would make it up and it tasted just like the salad.  It was absolutely delicious and everyone loved it, and loved how different it was. 

Ingredients for Dressing
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 3/4 cup of olive oil
For Salad
  • 1/2 bag of baby spinach leaves
  • 2 boxes of frozen mini pierogies (I used the cheese blend)
  • 5 plum tomatoes cut into chunks
  • 1/2 container of feta cheese
Directions

  1. In a large pot boil water, once water is boiling add your pierogies
  2. Cook pierogies according to box
  3. Once pierogies are cooked, remove from water, rinse, and place in fridge to cool.
  4. In a medium size bowl add your olive oil, and then add the rest of your dressing ingredients.
  5. Mix dressing very well until the mustard is mostly dissolved
  6. Once dressing is made get a big bowl and add your spinach leave, tomatoes, pierogies, and feta.
  7. Pour your dressing over salad, a little at a time until salad is completely coated (I had dressing left over)
  8. Once dressing is added put salad in fridge to cool for about 20 minutes
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!