Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy Ground Turkey Skillet

I have been trying to not eat that much red beef and start buying ground turkey instead.  I got a really good deal on ground turkey recently and decided to look for recipes.  I found a recipe that was chili put in skillet form and I had to try it.  It is actually from the Jenny-o website, and I just added a couple of things.  This was really easy to make, and it had the same taste of chili just a lot less time consuming to make.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of ground turkey
  • 1 15 oz can of Hormel chili
  • 2 large potatoes diced
  • 2 tablespoons of celery salt
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 can of chicken broth
  • Rice to serve over
  • Pepper to taste
Directions

  1. In a large pot cook your ground turkey till browned
  2. Add your chili, beans, pototoes, celery, onion, chicken broth and pepper and bring to boil.
  3. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes
  4. While simmering, cook your rice accordig to directions
  5. Serve over rice.
Final Product


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love anyones feed back!!